About Kao Group
- Overview of the Kao Group
- The Kao Group's Operations and Main Product Brands
About Pilipinas Kao, Inc
- Company Profile
- The Kao Way (corporate philosophy)
- History of Pilipinas Kao, Inc.
- Main Products
- CSR Activities
- Contact Us
Kao Chemical Business
- The Chemical Division's Research, Production and Supply System
- Target Industries
- R&D and Basic Technology
- History of Kao's Chemical Business
- Chemicals Major Affiliates
History of Pilipinas Kao, Inc.
|1977||PKI was incorporated as a joint project between Kao Corporation, Japan and a local company, Aboitiz & Co.|
Start of construction of Jasaan Plant
|1980||- Methanolysis & Glycerine Refining commercial operation
- Hydrogenation & Fractionation commercial operation
|1986||- Multi-reactor Plant construction.
- Multi-reactor Plant commercial operation
|1988||- Methanol Cracking and Tertiary Amine Plant construction|
|1989||- Methanol Cracking Plant commercial operation.|
|1990||- Tertiary Amine Plant commercial operation|
|1991||- MRP Low Temperature commercial operation|
|1992||- Installation of two generators.
- Start of construction of Hydro Capacity-up facilities
|1993||- Bead Plant commercial operation.
- Start of operation of Hydrogenation Capacity-up
- Hydrogenation and Fractionation Process Control
|1998||- Kao Corporation acquired 100% ownership of PKI.|
|2001||- High Technology Fatty Alcohol Plant commercial operation (pure cut alcohol production)|
|2004||- High Technology Fatty Alcohol(HTFA) Plant capacity up to 41,000 MT.|
|2007||- Inauguration of the new High Purity Fatty Alcohol
- PKI received the "Top Exporter-Other Manufacturer" award from BSP (Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas) Stakeholder's Awards
|2008||- The new Tertiary Amine plant was inaugurated.
- PKI received an "Outstanding Exporter Award" from the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) for its exemplary performance in export generation.
- Receives Gold Award at International Convention